apple AND CINNAMON CAKE
During isolation, I became even more creativity with my recipes as my pantry had quite the collection of odd ingredients piling up. I can't stand throwing out food and food wastage. I had a play with a few flours and half the fun with making the cake was in the process as I had no idea what the outcome would be.
Of course, I had to use my favourite baking tin the bundt cake. I am still trying to work out why I have two of them and why I am obsessed with using them all the time.
Lots of random ingredients but I hope it inspires you to get creative with your baking
- 1/2 apples chopped into thin slices
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 100 grams melted butter or ghee
- 1.5 cups nut milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs separated
- Soften the apple slices in a pan with a 1/2 teaspoon of the butter. The apple should soften and make it easier to fit in the bundt tin.
- Combine all ingredients but leave the egg whites in the fridge. Mix ingredients until a smooth texture are formed.
- In a clean glass bowl beat the egg whites until peaks are formed then fold into the cake batter.
- Place the apple slices in first to create the decorative top of the cake.
- Pour into a bundt cake tin or you could even use a cupcake tray to make smaller versions and reduce the cooking time to 20 minutes
- Cook on 180 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Once the cake has cooled place a plate over the bundt tin and flip it over so the flat part of the cake will be on the plate and the apple will be on the top.If you create this cake or something similar be sure to tag me as I love seeing creative cooking in action.