Banana bread with nuts and seeds
Banana bread is the best thing to make if you have been waiting for a while for bananas to ripen and then you forget about them I like I did. During Isolation this year most people tried to bake more and banana bread was a family favourite.
- 2 ripened bananas
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar or agave or maple syrup
- 1.5 cup all-purpose flour or GF flour mix
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- For extra flavour, I sprinkled some nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon through the mix.
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts and seeds
1. No fancy cooking appliances.
2. In a large mixing bowl mash the bananas.
3. Mix in remaining ingredients in the bowl.
4. Bake for 45 minutes on 180-200C depending on your oven.
If you decorate with nuts make sure not to put the banana bread at the top of the oven and if they start to burn cover with foil.