BANANA PANCAKES WITH DARK CHOCOLATE SAUCE
I love pancakes, but I'm not a sweet tooth, so when I do make them, I find the perfect balance of satisfying my craving and my taste buds.
Here is a quick go-to recipe for pancakes that you could make even on a weekday before going to work. If you are making this recipe for 2, double the recipe.
Serves 1 (6-7 mini pancakes)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Gluten-free self-raising or self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup banana purée or half a banana
- 2 tablespoons of dark chocolate finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well into a smooth consistency.
- Heat frying pan to medium heat using enough coconut oil to coat the pan lightly.
- Using a tablespoon to measure out the batter and pour into the frying pan. Each pancake should take 1-2 minutes each side to cook.
- To melt the chocolate, bring a pot of water to boil and place a smaller bowl on top for the chocolate to melt. Make sure not to let water get into the bowl with the chocolate. The reason you place the bowl on top on the hot water is that you want the chocolate to melt not burn.
Sprinkle and decorate with your favourite nuts, seeds or desiccated coconut.