Chickpea patty salad
This salad combination came about because I kept on seeing a can of chickpeas in my pantry. As you will come to realise some of my recipes may contain pantry stables or random stuff that I have found and can't bring myself to throw as food should never be wasted. I hope these recipes bring out the creative and home chef in you.
After eating this salad I ended up buying more chickpeas and made a soup with cauliflower. See recipe
Makes: 15 patties
- 1 can of rinsed and drained chickpeas
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- Tip of the teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Olive oil for frying.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until all ingredients combined except the olive oil.
- Using a frying pan lightly coat the pan with olive oil.
- Using a tablespoon to measure the mixture roll into balls using your hands, flatten the balls with your palms and lightly fry.
- Turn the patties over once golden brown. Once cooked remove from the frying pan and place on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- In a bowl place your chosen salad ingredients.
You can serve with your go-to dressing or a quarter of a lemon with yoghurt.