What to do with left-over vegetables
This is a left-over recipe, so the ingredients aren't measured perfectly. In fact, most of my recipes are very relaxed. I believe cooking should be fun and experimental (not restrictive!) so if you don't have all the ingredients, simply substitute.
- 1/2 - 1 cup of roasted vegetables, chopped (a good mixture of zucchini, pumpkin, capsicum, and corn work well. Don’t have left-overs? Just chop the veggies into bite-size chunks and fry them with some onion)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of your choice of cheese
- 1 teaspoon of parsley or basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Lightly coat a small/medium baking tray or skillet with olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl
- Pour into tray or skillet and bake for 20 minutes
- Once the middle of the frittata bounces back, take it out of the oven to cool
- Wrap/box it up and take it to work for your lunch-time munch!
NB I normally make this in the morning and pop it in the oven as I'm getting ready for work. It's quick, easy, and nutritious. Happy cooking!